Slag aggregates produced by Tarmac are supplied as CE marked products under the Factory Production Control Process of BS EN ISO 9001:2008 for the production of products to BS EN 12342-Aggregates for Unbound and Hydraulically Bound Mixtures, BS EN 13043-Aggregates for Unbound Bituminous Mixtures and BS EN 12620-Aggregates for Concrete.
What is GGBS?
GGBS (Ground Granulated Blast-furnace Slag) is a cementitious material whose main use is in concrete and is a by-product from the blast-furnaces used to make iron. Blast-furnaces operate at temperatures of about 1,500°C and are fed with a carefully controlled mixture of iron ore, coke and limestone. The iron ore is reduced to iron and the ...
Experimental Investigation on Partial Replacement of ...
GGBS + 7.5% RHA with 60% of quarry sand gives good strength results. Keywords- Admixture, Cement, Ground granulated blast furnace slag (GGBS), Quarry sand (QS), Rice husk ash (RHA). I. INTRODUCTION Concrete is a heterogeneous mix of cement, aggregates and water. The global consumption of natural
The effect of quarry waste dust and reclaimed asphalt ...
· This paper looks at the potential use of Plasterboard Gypsum (PG), activated by GGBS, Quarry Waste Dust (QWD) and Reclaimed Asphalt Filler (RAF) in different proportions as ternary semi-dry pastes. Two of the eleven combinations of ternary binders in the research study, referred to as ''groups'', were discussed in this paper.
Keegan Quarries Ltd | Technical Product Datasheets ...
GGBS. Ground Granulated Blast Furnace Slag (GGBS) is a by-product of the iron manufacturing industry. As part of our commitment to supplying a best in class product, Keegan Quarries was one of the first producers to introduce GGBS. The use of GGBS is permitted by IS EN206 as a direct replacement for cement up to a maximum of 70%. Benefits:
58 sand, gravel and rock quarries and a fleet of trailing suction dredgers, which extract sand and gravel from the seabed around the UK and European coastlines. We have three cement plants and three grinding mills making Regen – Ground Granulated Blast furnace Slag (GGBS), a cement replacement in ready-mixed and precast concrete.
Partial Replacement of Fine Aggregate with GGBS
4. Sonali K. Gadpalliwar, R. S. Deotale, Abhijeet R. Narde, "To Study the Partial Replacement of Cement by GGBS & RHA and Natural Sand by Quarry Sand In Concrete", IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE), Volume 11, Issue 2 Ver. II (Mar- Apr. 2014), Pg. No. 69-77. 5.
Compressive strength study of Geopolymer Mortar using ...
Today, the demand for sand continues to increase. So there is excessive in stream sand and gravel mining leading to the degradation of rivers . This excessive instream sand mining is a threat to bridges, river banks and near by structures. Also the excessive depletion sand is …
25 Sustainable Materials Ground Granulated Blast furnace ...
2.5 Sustainable Materials: Ground Granulated Blast-furnace Slag (GGBS) Concrete, Aero-gel insulation, Cooling bricks, Green concrete, Timbercrete, Ferrock. Emerging Trends In Civil Engineering (22603) Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education 27 2.1 Building Materials:- 2.1.1 Artificial Sand: The main natural and cheapest resource of sand ...
Strength and Corrosion Resistance Properties of Ggbs ...
The properties of GGBS are determined by conducting test in accordance with ASTM C 989 and their values are within the specified maximum limit. A. Fine Aggregate . Sand-Sand is essentially quartz whereas clay is made of many other chemically active minerals like kaolinite. Sand between 4.75mm (about 5mm) and 0.15mm in size
HIGH PERFORMANCE CONCRETE WITH GGBS AND ROBO …
Venu Malagavelli et. al. / International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology Vol. 2(10), 2010, 5107-5113 This paper presents the study of compressive strength and split tensile strength of M30 conventional concrete by replacing the 0 to 30% (5% increment) of sand with ROBO sand and 40 to 60% of cement with GGBS.
Cement | Aggregate Industries
About Aggregate Industries. We''re at the frontline of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 200 sites and around 3700 dedicated employees, we''re home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products.
(PDF) Study of Partial Replacement of the Cement by GGBS ...
The GGBS which is used in this research is cement and natural sand with quarry sand in concrete. obtained from JSW Plant (Pune). Ground granulated blast- Cubes, beams and cylinder moulds were used for testing furnace slag (GGBS) is the granular material formed when and casting.
An Experimental Investigation on Properties of Concrete by ...
as a replacement of Natural Sand due to its scarcity. The replacement percentages of Cement with GGBS are 20%, 40% and 60% by weight and 25%, 50%, 75% and of Quarry Dust are used as a replacement of Natural Sand. Various combinations of GGBS and Quarry Dust were prepared using M30 Grade of Concrete.
Study of mechanical behaviour of partially replaced cement (2)
· In second phase, cement is partially replaced with GGBS by 10%, 20% and 30%. In phase three, combination of GGBS and RHA is partially replaced with cement. The composition of 22.5% GGBS + 7.5% RHA with 60% of quarry sand gives good strength results. 6.) Kohei Eguchi1 (2011): The study focuses on a new material called Metakaolin, which is an ...
An Experimental Study on Partial Replacement of Cement by ...
An Experimental Study on Partial Replacement of Cement by Ggbs and Natural Sand by Quarry Sand in Concrete Chaithra H L1, Pramod K2, Dr. Chandrashekar A3 1PG Student, Dept of Civil Engineering, K V G College of Engineering, Sullia, India 2Assistant Professor, Dept of Civil Engineering, K V G College of Engineering, Sullia, India 3HOD, Dept. of Civil Engineering, K VG College of Engineering ...
EXPERIMENTAL INVESTIGATION ON WORKABILITY OF …
Ground granulated blast furnace slag (GGBS), quarry sand are the solid wastes generated by Industry. To overcome from this crisis, partial replacement of Cement with GGBS, natural sand with quarry sand (QS) can be an economic Alternative. The cubes are tested for compressive strengths. Ordinary Portland cement was partially replaced by GGBS of ...
Sand as raw material – a scarce commodity?
The required amounts of water, cement, aggregates (sand, gravel, chippings) and additives such as ground granulated blast-furnace slag (GGBS) or fly ash depend on the grade of concrete and the intended use. Fig. 3 shows the usual mass fractions for a normal concrete according to EN 206.
Ground granulated blast furnace slag (GGBS), quarry sand are the solid wastes generated by Industry. To overcome from this crisis, partial replacement of Cement with GGBS, natural sand with quarry sand (QS) can be an economic Alternative. The cubes are . tested for compressive strengths. Ordinary Portland cement was partially replaced by GGBS ...
Ground granulated blast furnace slag ggbs
· WHAT IS GGBS? • GGBS means the ground granulated blast furnace slag is a by-product of the manufacturing of pig iron. • Iron ore, coke and Lime-stone are fed into the furnace and the resulting molten slag floats above the molten iron at a temperature of about 1500oC to 1600oC. The molten slag has a composition close to the chemical ...
Partial Replacement of Fine Aggregate with GGBS
, "To Study the Partial Replacement of Cement by GGBS & RHA and Natural Sand by Quarry Sand In Concrete", IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE), Volume 11, Issue 2 Ver. II (Mar- Apr. 2014), Pg. No. 69-77.  A.H.L.Swaroop, K.Venkateswararao, Prof P Kodandaramarao, ―"Durability Studies On Concrete
Strength and durability features of fiber reinforced geo ...
coarse materials like sand or Quarry Dust (Harsha, Radhakrsihna, and Devanand 2015). Previous studies are indicated that combination of FA and GGBS can be used for development of Geo-Polymer Concrete (Madheswaran and Gnanasundar 2013). Latest studies are conducted by the same author about the effect of
Replacement of Sand in Concrete for Sustainable Building ...
· Granulated Blast Furnace Slag (GGBS) ... The replacement of river sand with quarry dust enhances the compressive strength of the concrete to a limited extent. Which gives even better workability and strength when it is mixed with ingredients like fly ash. It has to be properly screened and processed to provide more strength to the concrete.
An Experimental Investigation on Properties of Concrete by ...
The replacement percentages of Cement with GGBS are 20 %, 40 % and 60 % by weight and 25 %, 50 %, 75 % and 100 % of Quarry Dust are used as a replacement of Natural Sand. Various combination of GGBS and Quarry Dust were prepared using M30 Grade of Concrete.
Ready Mix Concrete products and Floors
We manufacture a vast range of Ready Mix Concrete Mixes using a combination of Cement + Aggregates Source from our own quarry. Sand sourced locally and admixtures. We can also manufacture concrete using GGBS, Fibres, Pigment and Air entrainment to add improved performance and other characteristics to the concrete.
Experimental Investigation on Workability of Concrete with ...
To overcome from this crisis, partial replacement of Cement with GGBS, natural sand with quarry sand (QS) can be an economic Alternative. The cubes are tested for compressive strengths. Ordinary Portland cement was partially replaced by GGBS of 0%, 30%, 40%, 50% and natural sand replacement by QS 0%, 40%, 50%, 60%.
Broadly speaking, there are two types of quarry – (1) hard rock and (2) sand & gravel: Hard rock. Hard rock quarries produce aggregates such as limestone and granite. They are usually large and can be very deep – depending on the geology – and the rock will be blasted and dug out at multiple different levels known as ''benches''. Sand ...
Evaluating the properties of controlled low-strength ...
Portland/GGBS mixes PS Sand The most common fine aggregate found in CLSM is sand. Sand makes up approximately 25% of the CLSM. Its proportion in the mix can vary between 1200kg/m3 and 1840kg/m3. Course aggregates such as gravel are not commonly used in CLSM mixes, as they provide strength to the concrete. However, for
Products – Coshla Quarries
Stone. Coshla Quarries Ltd produce a comprehensive range of stone products at their quarry. The Quarry also provides block-laying sand and plastering sand. Some of the main types of stone products include: 3" Clean. 6" Clean. Clause 804. Quarry Dust. 10mm Chips.
Exploratory study on durability of concrete structures by ...
· In the present study the addition of quarry dust as alternative for natural sand and partial replacement for cement with GGBS has been investigated for the durability properties of concrete. Mechanical properties of conventional concrete and partially replaced GGBS concrete were evaluated.
MECHANICAL BEHAVIOUR OF CONCRETE MADE WITH …
different percentages of GGBS with natural sand and 50% quarry dust s.no % of GGBS natural sand(N/mm²) 50% quarry dust(N/mm²) 1 20 2.18 2.68 2 30 2.51 2.75 3 40 2.61 2.85 4 50 2.91 3.08 5 60 3.04 3.18 Figure 3 split tensile strength of concrete over different percentages of GGBS with natural sand and 50% quarry dust
Proportioning of CLSM Containing Class C Fly Ash, GGBS ...
· Quarry dust (QD) and Processed Slag Sand (PSS), was utilized in total replacement to natural river sand as fine aggregates, for proportioning of CLSM. Variations were considered in binder ratios and water contents. The fresh and hardened properties of CLSM in terms of flow, unconfined compressive strength were investigated.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Cement | ipl
From this phase to determine the optimum percentage of quarry sand which give maximum compressive strength. It is observed that maximum strength is achieved when natural sand is partially replaced with 60% quarry sand. In second phase, the cement is partially replaced with GGBS by 10%, 20% and 30%.
Ground granulated blast furnace slag (GGBS)
Ground granulated blast furnace slag (GGBS) GGBS is primarily a binder used as an addition to cement which uses the latent hydraulic properties of GGBS to produce Portland blastfurnace cement (6-35% of GGBS) or blastfurnace cement (36-90% GGBS) produced by blending at the concrete mixer, or as a factory blend at the cement factory.
A STUDY ON PARTIAL REPLACEMENT OF CEMENT WITH …
replacement of natural sand by quarry sand and 1.5 % dosage of mixture. Split tensile strength of concrete, when cement is replaced with 40% of GGBS & 60% of quarry dust for maximum dosage of mixture.Flexural strength will be max, if 30% of cement by GGBS & 60% of quarry sand as constant replacement for fine aggregates.
- sand plant in baroda
- what is a process tha crushes and grinds copper
- variety of screen in a destoner
- tools to extract granite in the
- rock minerals produce
- mineral yang banyak mengandung logam tertentu bijih
- tungsten ore mining equipment supplier
- zenit crushers baseball camps
- powder south rock
- mining crusher unit stone crusher
- plants equipment intermediates
- ore processing in the concentrator plant
- perfect combination mobile crushing plant
- jaw crusher machine rate
- pabrik bergulir baja qua
- jaw crushers wholesalers
- manufacturing plant cheese
- used rock crusher for sale in cal
- minerals industry industrial
- liquid cups crushing machine in india